Time is critical when it comes to a stroke. Our team is onsite 24/7 ready to care for stroke patients.
A multidisciplinary approach consisting of world class doctors and advanced technology have earned the Stroke Centers at Prisma Health Richland Hospital and Prisma Health Greenville Memorial Hospital accreditation as an Advanced Certification Comprehensive Stroke Center from The Joint Commission. Prisma Health Stroke Centers represent two of the three accredited Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Centers in the state of South Carolina, offering the Upstate and Midlands the highest quality care for stroke patients.
We are experts in treating all types of strokes and related brain conditions, including:
- Ischemic stroke – reduced blood flow due to a blood clot
- Hemorrhagic stroke – reduced blood supply due to a blood vessel bursting
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA) – "mini-stroke"
- Arteriovenous malformation (AVM)
- Cerebral aneurysm
When seconds count, turn to our team of stroke experts. Our dedicated team of experts includes:
- Vascular neurologists
- Neurocritical care doctors
- Emergency medicine doctors
- Endovascular surgical neuroradiologists
- Interventional neuroradiologists
- Physical therapists
- Speech therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Respiratory therapists
- CT & MRI technologists
- Nurses with emphasis on stroke care
- Social workers
- Case managers
As an academic teaching healthcare organization, our doctors have the latest knowledge and technology to care for you.
Our hospitals and doctor's offices are taking every precaution to protect you from COVID-19.
The only accredited Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Centers in the Midlands and Upstate and two out of the three in South Carolina.