A strong legacy of care, inspired by you.
As South Carolina’s largest private, non-profit healthcare system, and second-largest private company, we are here to create a better state of health for South Carolinians.
A strong legacy of care, inspired by you
Prisma Health is inspired to help people live their healthiest lives. As the most comprehensive integrated healthcare system in South Carolina, we’re on a journey to transform the healthcare experience for our patients and their families. That’s why our team members are dedicated to living our purpose: Inspire health. Serve with compassion. Be the difference.
Prisma Health was formed in 2017 when Greenville Health System and Palmetto Health, two of South Carolina’s most highly regarded healthcare systems, came together as one organization. By joining together as Prisma Health, our nearly 30,000 team members will continue to meet the goals of improving clinical quality by expanding access to care, increasing education and research, and ensuring the best possible experiences for our patients.
Improve the health of the people of South Carolina
Increase access to care
Improve the patient experience
Address rising health care costs
Prisma Health at a glance
Through continued innovation, education and research, we’re doing everything possible to help you be your healthiest you.
- 1.2 million unique patients treated
- 18 hospitals
- 21-county service area
- More than 300 physician practice sites
- More than 2,900 licensed beds
- 15,500 babies delivered
- 31,500 inpatient and 71,500 outpatient surgeries
- 527,000 Emergency Department visits
- $170 million in community benefit
- 22 telehealth programs
- $4.3 billion total operating revenue
- Two affiliated medical and two affiliated nursing schools
- Two clinically integrated networks with 4,500+ providers
Our vision is simple: to transform healthcare for the benefit of the communities we serve. Help us bring that vision to life by joining our dedicated providers and other team members.
Diversity and Inclusion
By embracing diversity and practicing inclusion, we ensure all patients, team members and visitors are treated with respect and feel welcomed within our system.
Education and Research
Learn about academic partnerships, fellowships, residencies and clinical research.
A governance board of directors for Prisma Health has been seated and is comprised of South Carolina business, community and medical leaders.
As a locally owned, not-for-profit health organization, Prisma Health is committed to clear communication about our impact.
Prisma Health has rigorous processes and a commitment to supplier diversity that supports high-quality care.
Prisma Health offers access to the quality care you want when you want it. We have a variety of virtual options for quick, convenient care online using your mobile device or computer.
- Video visit
- Enhanced video visit
- Health monitoring
Prisma Health hospitals
Learn how Prisma Health provides the entire spectrum of integrated care — from prevention and wellness to diagnostics and treatment.
After a hospital stay, your doctor and care team may urge you to have post-acute care. Some of our post-acute services include:
Home health specializes in serving those who are ill, disabled or recovering from surgery or illness in the comfort of their own home. From rehabilitation to IV therapies, home health offers what patients need through a comprehensive range of licensed home care services.
Hospice care focuses on bringing quality of life, comfort, dignity, self-respect and guidance to those who may have less than six months to live. Hospice is an option when people no longer seek aggressive treatment for a cure. Instead, they want comfort and quality of life.
Home recovery care
Home recovery care is a care option that allows you to safely receive treatment for your medical condition at home, instead of the hospital. Home recovery care lasts 30 days to ensure you are recovering. Our services are available 24/7 to home recovery care patients.
Prisma Health and our primary academic partners, University of South Carolina, Clemson University, Furman University and Bob Jones University are working together to pave the way for breakthroughs in healthcare delivery, access and affordability through a unique, dynamic collaboration known as the Prisma Health Health Sciences Center.
Providing access to more than 40 academic, professional and workforce development programs, medical schools, nursing schools, clinical and translational research, and the region’s largest healthcare delivery system, we are dedicated to helping the health professionals of today and tomorrow meet the real-world needs of the community.
Comprehensive care and services
You can schedule quick, convenient appointments – including phone and virtual visits – for a wide range of specialized or primary care services. Our providers put patients at the center of everything they do, helping you to live your healthiest life.
- Bariatric surgery
- Behavioral healthcare
- Cancer care
- Emergency/trauma care (the region’s only Level I trauma center and the state’s first Level II pediatric trauma center)
- Heart and vascular care
- Primary care
- Women’s health
Did you know?
- 45% of South Carolina’s population is within 15 minutes of a Prisma Health facility.
- We are one of just 120 academic health centers in the country.
- Our UofSC School of Medicine in Greenville has been named an Apple Distinguished School for its innovative implementation of Apple technology.
- 70% of our postgraduate residents stay in South Carolina to practice medicine.
- Prisma Health has 750 employee health business partners to help promote workforce wellness at area businesses.
- 24% of the babies born in the state are delivered at Prisma Health.
- We house two Level I Trauma Centers and two Comprehensive Stroke Centers.
- Prisma Health has the Midland’s only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
- Our Midland’s Chest Pain Center has received full accreditation from the American College of Cardiology.